Protect you, your family, and your ionizer.
The Spartan Ionizer Shield is for those who demand a higher level of protection in both the quality of their water and in protection of their ionizer. It overcomes the downsides of traditional reverse osmosis* yet provides you the highest quality — and great tasting — water. At the same time you are protecting your investment in your ionizer.
The Spartan comes in two versions:
Hard/Standard-Water System with 23 stages of filtration, softening media and softening technology to protect your ionizer from hard water scaling.
Soft water System with 22 stages of filtration, to increase mineralization if you’re in a very soft-water area (eg Seattle or Vancouver); this will give your ionizer the minerals needed to alkalize properly.
These represent a unique and proprietary system that will eliminate virtually all your drinking water concerns while it helps protect your ionizer.
The Spartan is designed for use on potable water sources only. It is not a stand alone product and is installed beforeyour ionizer – either above or below counter.
How it works
The effective life of the Purification Cartridge is entirely dependent on the qualities found in your source water. Simply put, the more particles in your water, the more quickly the media will expire – just like any filter or media. Because water quality and personal preference varies, timely replacement of this cartridge is up to the individual. This filter can last from one month to one year.
The Spartan’s first two filtration systems come in an in-line external-housing. The quick connect fittings make this a snap to install. The third filtration system is tailored to your water quality, and goes right into the filter compartment onboard your ionizer. Lets look at each filter and how many stages, or barriers to contamination, each offers.
Filtration System One in the Spartan offers five separate stages consisting of two media stages and three 1-micron barriers.
- Stage 1: We start with a 1-micron barrier.
- Stage 2: Then, we add a stage of KDF 85, which addresses concerns for iron, hydrogen sulfides, and manganese contamination. It also helps reduce chlorine and chloramines. This stage also conditions the water in two important ways. It changes the scaling calcium into a non-scaling form that helps protect your ionizer and it optimizes the pH into the range that increases effectiveness of the next media in removing fluoride.
- Stage 3: Is a 1-micron barrier.
- Stage 4: The fourth stage uses a generous bed of media specially designed to help eliminate fluoride, arsenic, lead and selenium. By using these 2 medias in sequence, we can effectively increase the efficiency of the overall system.
- Stage 5: The last stage is another 1-micron barrier.
Filtration System Two in the Spartan offers you nine more stages of protection including four different media each protected by a 1-micron barrier – five in total.
- Stages 1 – 3: We start with a 1-micron barrier. The first media is KDF 55 which helps eliminate lead, mercury, nickel, and other dissolved heavy metals in the water. It helps with microorganisms and scale prevention in hard water areas. It also helps reduce chlorine and chloramines. The third stage is another 1-micron barrier.
- Stages 4 & 5: Next, we add a media that is specially designed to reduce nitrates and nitrogen. The fifth stage is another 1-micron barrier.
- Stages 6 &7: We now add a stage of Centaur which is an extremely high grade of carbon that is very effective at removing chlorine, chloramines, VOC’s, the disinfectant byproducts such as trihalomethanes and also improves water taste and clarity. The seventh stage is another 1-micron barrier.
- Stages 8 & 9: The final stage mixes tourmaline and magnetic technology to reduce water tension making it ideal for ionization! The ninth stage is another 1-micron barrier.
Filtration System Three offers you the option to customize your Spartan to your local water quality. Both of these options are simple to install, going right on board your ionizer in the filter compartment:
Standard / Hard Water System
Offers you 23 separate stages. This system is designed for treated water sources with more than 76 mg/l (ppm) of TDS. This option offers a unique media to further prevent damaging mineral build up in your ionizer. This incredible media is extracted from milk thistle which has documented antioxidant and detoxification benefits. A carbon block further improves and protects your water.
Soft Water Filtration System
Offers you 22 separate stages. Ideal for use on treated water sources with 0-75mg/l (ppm) of TDS. This includes the Remin Max Filter to add the beneficial alkaline minerals necessary for use in areas where they are naturally found in low levels.
*For example, compared to RO (reverse osmosis), the Spartan offers a great flow rate, no tank pressure to maintain, it’s easier to install and does all this without creating a drop of waste wate