By now you know that drinking tap water is not the best way to keep hydrated because of all the chemicals in the water. You’d like a source of clean, filtered water but don’t know which water filtration system to choose.
Many people have reported benefits from using alkaline water ionizers, but it wasn’t until 2007-2010 that scientists and researchers understood that the therapeutic property in alkaline ionized water was hydrogen gas. As a result of this new research the water ionizer industry has been completely revolutionized to take advantage of this new information.
Since about 2007, scientists in Japan have been studying the effects of Molecular Hydrogen or H2 and there are now over 500 published scientific papers and peer reviewed studies finding hydrogen enriched drinking water to be highly beneficial for over 150 diseases such as Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, stroke and trauma, inflammation, injury recovery, hearing loss, eye damage and more.
Best Water ionizers have always provided the benefits of dissolved hydrogen (H2) and now with the recent discovery of just how good H2 is, our current line of ionizers has been upgraded with advanced cleaning technology and other enhancements to maximize the production of H2. Here is our line up in order of price.
Top of the line: The new Vesta H2
- The 9-plate Vesta H2 offers you our UltraWater Technology plus 13 stages of cutting-edge filtration to give you the healthiest water that is pristine and ultra-clean.
- Our engineers found that you get the best performance when you have a highly engineered electrode design matched with proper power density. Our SmartDesign Electrodes are engineered to deliver maximum efficiency. The Vesta H2 ionizer offers the perfect combination of electrode design and count and the optimal power to run them. The result is a great flow rate, top performance, absolute reliability and lasting durability.
- Most other systems that create decent H2 have to run at a maximum setting and produce water above 10 pH to achieve that result. Not only is it questionable in health terms, but water that high in pH tastes bad! It also it stresses the electrodes. The Vesta H2 is better than other systems at delivering H2 performance, especially at lower more drinkable – and safer – pH levels.
- The Vesta pioneered DARC cleaning. This is simply the best way to help ensure that the most critical component of the ionizer – the electrodes – stays free of scale buildup. Scaling is the enemy of performance.
Mid-Range: The Athena H2
The Athena H2 has been updated to a 7-plate model with a next generation SMPS power supply, AutoAdjust and DARC cleaning. Keeping the smaller and efficient standard, it is redesigned with Hydrogen Infusion Technology that specifically optimizes performance, especially the production of molecular hydrogen or H2.
Why does the Athena H2 perform so well compared to all of the other comparable water ionizers? There are many reasons for the outstanding performance of the Athena H2 water ionizers but because a lot of the design is proprietary and a trade secret we can only tell you that within the electronic structure the power switches from alternating current to direct current, which is one of the ways the greater amounts of antioxidants is achieved. You get the new performance standard along with the same solid reliability all beautifully packaged in an updated and more attractive design.
Most affordable: The UltraStream
The UltraStream may be our most affordable system but it doesn’t skip on quality. With the UltraStream, you can be sure that you’ll have more for less. You’ll have more of the performance enhancement aspects of hydrogen rich water including anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, anti-allergy and ant-oxidant benefits. And you’ll have less cost. That means you’ll have more money left over for other things that can enhance your health like buying organic fruits and vegetables or taking that yoga vacation that you’ve been eyeing.
- Extreme filtration was specifically designed into the UltraStream before the water hits the ionization process. It uses eight layers of filtration to remove more harmful contaminants than ionizers ten times the price. It removes bacteria, poisons, chlorine, chloramine, fluoride, heavy metals, volatile organics, trihalomethanes, arsenic and more.
- The UltraStream supplies ‘on tap’ antioxidant negative ions in every glass to help ward off cell damage by neutralizing free radicals and removing waste products from our cells.
- The UltraStream creates ph-balancing alkalinity and at the same time infuses beneficial magnesium into the water – something that’s impossible for an electric system. We all need magnesium and it’s absorbed better in water than food.
- The beneficial effects of hydrogen have been proven in over 400 scientific studies having an impact on pain, stress, energy and other health concerns. The results show that the UltraStream infuses three times the molecular hydrogen compared to other electronic ionizers that cost significantly more.
- The UltraStream has no transformer, internal plumbing, flow sensors, diodes or any other electronic parts so that it is completely maintenance free. Every time you install a new filter you virtually get a new water alkalizer and H2 system. The UltraStream is sleek and elegant to fit any style kitchen and simple to install. The freestanding model is easy to transport for holiday travel, campers and cottage.
- The UltraStream infuses four times the H2 of a much more expensive electric water ionizer. That makes it the most economical system on the market delivering water at about 10 cents per litre compared to $2 per litre for bottled water.
Clean pure water
Water may be as pure as nature intended but if it doesn’t taste good you’re not likely to drink it. All of our ionizers deliver water that is clean and great tasting so that you will want to drink more and enjoy its many benefits. Our filters remove most contaminants you find in tap water including: fluoride, chorine, lead, mercury, PCBs, or polychlorinated biphenyls, arsenic, perchlorates, dioxins, HCB, or Hexachlorobenzene, dacthal, trace pharmaceuticals as well as microbeads and microplastics.
Best Water filtration systems remove from 5 microns to as small as .1 microns of fibers. Since most of the fibers are 10 microns in size, these filters would remove almost all of the plastic fibers from tap water. Also our specialty filters such as the bone char fluoride removal filter can provide an additional level of filtration to any system.
3 Ways to protect your investment
After careful research you’ve made your choice of a water filter and ionizer and you want to make sure you get the most out of your investment. Although our ionizers are engineered with the greatest precision and need very little maintenance, there are still some things that you can do to ensure that you are drinking the freshest water possible and that your ionizer lives a long and healthy life.
Change your filters yearly
Most ionizers have some sort of built-in mechanism that helps the user determine the approximate time to replace the filter. However, it’s important to realize that these indicators are just estimates and to be used as a guide only.
No matter what the reading on your unit indicates, it’s important to replace the filter at least once a year depending on the hardness of your water. That means every 12 months no matter what the indicator says or how much you use the water. Here’s why.
Bacteria love to grow in damp dark places. What better place than the inside of a water filter?
Every filter will have media specific to bacteria – either killing bacteria, preventing bacteria from developing inside the filter or both. Whether or not water has been flowing through your water ionizer every day – or you have only been using it a couple of times a day – this “anti-bacterial” element never stops working. So after twelve months the filter will have lost its ability to fight bacteria and your water filter will not be able to deliver the water freshness that you desire.
So mark down on your calendar when you insert a new filter so that you’ll remember when to order the next one. But don’t worry if you forget. Here at Best Water we will give you a courtesy call once a year to remind you when to order new filters!
Clean your ionizer
Although changing your filter regularly will go a long way towards keeping your ionizer functioning smoothly, sometimes it just isn’t enough. In areas with hard water it’s inevitable that some hard water scaling will build up inside your unit and it may affect it’s functioning. Enter Ionopolis Z – a home cleaning system that you can use over and over again. This handy, easy to use cleaner is compatible with all ionizers. This is the most effective way to clean hard water scaling. Simply attach to your ionizer, turn it on and let it run for 1-2 hours depending on how dirty your ionizer is. Comes with citric acid cleaning solution. (note: The UltraStream ionizer does not require cleaning)
Let us clean your ionizer
We live a fast paced life and sometimes we let things build up – literally. If your ionizer hasn’t been properly maintained it might need a little tune up. Call our service department and we’ll let you know how we can help. Sometimes a thorough cleaning from our technician can have your unit functioning like new!
We’re here to help
Call us with any of your questions or concerns about choosing & maintaining your ionizer. After all we’re here to help you protect your investment. We can be reached toll free at 877-770-5247 or: firstname.lastname@example.org